Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
This recipe uses whipped egg whites – a bit like a meringue – to give the buttercream a light and fluffy texture. It’s also good for piping e.g. onto cupcakes because it holds it’s shape and because the egg whites are cooked through it is safe for pregnant ladies.
4 Large Egg Whites
200g Caster Sugar
340g Unsalted Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Paste/Pod
- Combine the egg white and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Whisk the mix until the temperature reaches 60°C.
- Pour into a mixer and whisk on high speed until the mix is thick and shiny.
- Leave the mix to cool before adding the remaining ingredients (otherwise the butter will melt).
- Continue mixing until all the other ingredients are combined.
Posts that use this recipe (or something similar):
Boo’s 3rd Birthday Cake
Popsy’s Birthday Party
Popsy’s 6th Birthday Cake
Nursery Bake Sale
Black Forrest Cupcakes
Sister-in-Laws Baby Shower
Popsy’s 5th Birthday Cake
Popsy’s 4th Birthday Cake